Ensuring that Chale Bay Farm can be enjoyed by as many guests as possible, we have produced the following guide to our facilities, however if you need any more information, please don't hesitate to contact us
- Our car park has a designated disabled parking space
- The main entrance is accessed by a sloped access to the Reception with a wide doorway and has a handrail to the left hand side. Once up the sloped access, the entrance to all the bedrooms is on one level (though is NOT level access - see below)
- We will be happy to help you with your luggage
- The public areas of the guest house are on the ground floor are all on one level and include the breakfast bar restaurant and public toilets (there is no dedicated disabled toilet).
- There are no doors between reception and the breakfast bar restaurant or bar area
- The reception desk is quite high but we will be happy to check you in at a low level desk
- If it would be necessary for you to have assistance in the event of an emergency please let our reception staff know prior to, or on arrival
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- Our breakfast bar restaurant is spacious enough to accommodate wheelchairs
- We offer full waiter/waitress service and staff will offer assistance for the Buffet service at breakfast and are happy to help you select items from the menu
- Please let us know prior to your arrival if you have any special dietary requirements
- In case of single occupancy by a disabled person, we require that the disabled person be able to evacuate unaided in case of fire.
We have 8 ground floor rooms (though family suites also have a mezzanine floor accessed by stairs). All bathrooms are ensuite with full size baths with shower over (no rooms have wetrooms or walk-in/roll-in showers).
One room (Room 8) has been designed with a wider access (100cm/40 inches approx) into the bedroom and the bathroom to facilitate wheelchair access and the bathroom is slightly bigger to more easily maneouvre a wheelchair. Although being a room with a patio, the patio door is not widened. The beds in Room 8 may be configured as Twin or linked to form a super-king-sized Double by request. We believe that the limited space under the bed frames makes our rooms incompatible with bed hoists and similar appliances. By comparison most rooms have door widths of approx 75cm (29-30 inches).
Important note: Like the other rooms, Room 8 does NOT presently have a walk in shower (we hope to remodel this bathroom in a future refurbishment).
Important note: Although all guest rooms and the restaurant are on the ground floor and the paths on the property are sloped, the entrance threshold to doors (including where the doors are widened and patio doors where applicable) is approx 11cm (4.5" approx) when accessed from the outside and 6cm (2.5" approx) when accessed from the inside. Guests should satisfy themselves that they can safely negotiate this threshold (with or without the aid of a partner/carer as applicable to their circumstances). We have experienced that this threshold can NOT be crossed by heavier electric wheelchairs (e.g. where the weight and/or wheel size prevents the chair being manhandled or pivoted over the threshold).
The car park has a loose gravel surface. Wheelchair users of room 8 are invited to park adjacent to the room to minimise the need to cross gravel.
Available on Request
Some aids are available upon request (and subject to availability) which include facilities to assist in the bathroom/toilet including movable suction hand rails and a raised toilet seat.
We are sorry but we are unable to make value judgements on the suitability of the property for a particular disability, however we are more than happy to provide as much information as we can to enable you to make that judgement.