Ensuring that Chale Bay Farm can be enjoyed by as many guests as possible, we have produced the following guide to our facilities, however if you need any more information, please don't hesitate to contact us
- Our car park has a designated disabled parking space. Please note we have an entirely gravel car park.
- The main courtyard around which the entrances to the apartments is situated is accessed by a sloped access with handrails on sloped and especially steeply sloped areas. Once up the sloped access, the entrance to all the bedrooms is on one level (though is NOT level access - see below)
- If it would be necessary for you to have assistance in the event of an emergency this would need to be provided by other members of your party as we are now self catering and therefore not always available on site to assist.
- In case of single occupancy by a disabled person, we require that the disabled person be able to evacuate unaided in case of fire.
- Assistance dogs are welcome, though prior notice is requested.
Wheelchair Access and information concerning mobility
We have 4 ground floor apartments (though family suites in two apartments also have a mezzanine floor accessed by stairs). All bathrooms are ensuite with full size baths with shower over (no rooms have wetrooms or walk-in/roll-in showers). All doors are standard domestic width.
Important note: Although all guest apartments are on the ground floor and the paths on the property are sloped, the entrance threshold to doors is approx 11cm (4.5" approx) when accessed from the outside and 6cm (2.5" approx) when accessed from the inside. Guests should satisfy themselves that they can safely negotiate this threshold (with or without the aid of a partner/carer as applicable to their circumstances). We have experienced that this threshold can NOT be crossed by heavier electric wheelchairs (e.g. where the weight and/or wheel size prevents the chair being manhandled or pivoted over the threshold).
The car park has a loose gravel surface.
The entrance hallway to St Catherine's View is not wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair without removal of furniture.
Needles View was created by combining two guest rooms previously on separate levels and as a result there are three steps with handrail internally between the bedroom accommodation and living accommodation
Available on Request
Some aids are available upon request (and subject to availability) which include facilities to assist in the bathroom/toilet including movable suction hand rails and a raised toilet seat.
We are sorry but we are unable to make value judgements on the suitability of the property for a particular disability, however we are more than happy to provide as much information as we can to enable you to make that judgement.